Hilti adds an oscillating tool to its NURON lineup. Hilti creates premiere quality tools for the industrial construction industry. Hilti developed the NURON battery platform to improve upon their already high-set standards for jobsite power, technology, and safety. The Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22 continues that mission with its multiple power and safety features.
Let’s take a deeper look at the details and highlights of the Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool.
Hilti Oscillating Tool Guide
- Hilti Oscillating Tool
- Hilti Oscillating Tool Highlights
- Hilti Oscillating Tool Blades
- How to Sharpen Oscillating Blades
Want to learn more about Hilti NURON? Read our TIA article Hilti NURON – The Game Has Changed.
Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22
- Product Name: Hilti NURON Cordless Oscillating Multitool SMT 6-22
- Model: #2366390
- Battery Platform: Hilti NURON
- Video: Watch Hilti video on YouTube.
- Price: $199 for bare-tool.
- Where to Buy: Hilti online storefront.
- Learn More: Hilti site.
Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22 Highlights
With so many oscillating tools on the market at varying prices it can get confusing as to why one tool is superior to another. We are going to zoom in on some key features and highlights that make the Hilti SMT 6-22 Oscillating Tool stand out and point out who this tool is right for.
Blade speed ranges between 10,000 to 20,000 OPM with an oscillating angle of four degrees.
The bare-tool weighs only 1.3 kg. This plus the ergonomic grip and decoupled head with AVR creates a tool that is less tiring, safer, and easier to use.
Hilti is adding a “quick lock dust extraction accessory” in 2024 that the Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22 will be compatible with via Hilti’s 15 lbs. vac tether.
Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22 Blades
The Hilti SMT 6-22 has a variety of Starlock Oscillating Multitool Blades and accessories available. Here is a closer look at each one.
- Hilti Starlock SMT Backing Pad (Standard).
- Hilti Starlock SMT BiM Saw Blade (Premium): for use on wood or metal.
- Hilti Starlock SMT BiM Plunge Cut Blade (Premium): for use on wood or metal.
- Hilti Starlock SMT Carbide Plunge Cut Blade (Ultimate): for use on metal.
- Hilti Starlock SMT BiM Plunge Cut Blade (Premium): for use on metal.
How to Sharpen Oscillating Blades
Do you feel like you are flying through oscillating blades? They’re constantly breaking and you’re wasting time and money replacing them?
Good news! Sharp Pog, an oscillating blade sharpener, is a quick and easy way to extend the life of your oscillating blades. Attach to a drill and allow Sharp Pog to do the work and return your oscillating blades to “like new” condition.
Hilti has always been dedicated to performance, and that dedication has been amplified by the NURON platform, plus the addition of better safety features and integrated technology. The Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22 has hit the nail on the head for creating a safer and more user-friendly tool without sacrificing power.
Once again, if you are interested in the Hilti NURON Oscillating Tool SMT 6-22 the tool and accessories are available on the Hilti site.