I am not sure what you think of when you hear the name Bostitch, but I think of nailers and compressors. Not just any nailer, but a quality nailer. The BTFP12233 is no different. Now we don't have a lot of time on this nailer, so we will have to get back to you on longevity. In regards to comfort, use and features, this is a great nailer.
First, let's start with the comfort of this tool. The nailer has a nice feel and balance. Bostitch designed this nailer with Smart Point Technology, which is just a fancy way of saying they have a smaller nose piece which allows the user to place the nail in the desired spot. Now they can call it whatever they want because this is a cool feature to have. On the front, it has a tool-free jam release to get rid of the pesky jams. Bostitch designed this tool where it has two extra no-mar nose pieces built into the tool. If that isn't enough, they even built in a pencil sharpener, which I think is very cool.
The options don't stop there. You can adjust the depth, firing mode from sequential to bump and even what side the belt hook is located. However if you have it on the right side, it will not fit into the case. Not a big deal since it uses a push button to change location. Another cool feature is the oil-free operation.
What We Like
- Pencil Sharpener
What We Don't Like
- No Bottle Opener on Tool
- The Safety button is very hard to move from on and off
- Drives 18 GA brad nails from 5/8″ to 2-1/8″ length
- Oil-free operation reduces the risk of oil stains
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Dial-A-Depth™ control for precise countersinking of brad nails
- Selectable trigger system for sequential or contact operation
- Other Features: 1/4″ air fitting, rear air exhaust, & belt hook with integrated pencil sharpener
- Kit Includes: Nailer, 1/4″ Air Fitting, Sample Brad Nails, Carrying Case and Extra No-Mar Tips
- 7 Year Limited Warranty. 1 year Limited Warranty in production applications
All in all this is a great brad nailer and one you can use all day. Yes, you are attached to a hose, but no fuel and no batteries to worry about, which makes this a perfect brad nailer for a lot of people. We always try to find something a tool can improve on, but this one is pretty hard to find any cons.