A zero-turn lawn mower can save you time when mowing a larger yard that is full of flower beds, trees, swing sets, lawn decor, and so on. However, it can take time to learn how to operate a zero-turn mower, but a zero-turn mower with a steering wheel feels familiar and can speed up the process. The market for zero-turn mowers with steering wheels isn’t huge, but the EGO Z6 42 in. Zero-Turn Mower with e-STEER™ provides a powerful electric option for consumers.
Today we will take a deep dive into the EGO Z6, zero-turn mower steering options, and see how the EGO Z6 compares to other zero-turn mowers with steering wheels.
EGO Z6 Zero-Turn Mower Guide
EGO Z6 Zero-Turn Mower
- Product Name: EGO POWER+ 42 in. Z6 Zero Turn Mower with e-STEER™ Technology
- Model #: ZT4205S
- Power: Electric mower that utilizes six EGO 56V ARC Lithium™ batteries and Peak Power™ technology for power equivalent of a 22-horsepower gas engine.
- Steering: Features e-STEER™ Technology steering wheel for ease and precision.
- Speed: 4-8 MPH.
- Run Time: Up to 2.5 acres cut on a single charge of the included four 56V 12.0Ah ARC Lithium™ batteries. More batteries can be added for additional run time.
- Additional Features: Three driving modes, 3-in-1 functioning (mulch, bag, discharge), LCD interface, adjustable hydraulic seat, IPX4 weather resistance, 32 LED lights, USB charging port, Bluetooth, and phone holder.
- Included Accessories: Four 56V 12.0Ah ARC Lithium™ batteries, charger, and 5-year warranty for tool, battery and charger.
- Price: $5,999 to $6,110.
- Where to Buy: EGO Power+ Store on Amazon, or use EGO Store Locator to buy EGO Z6 at local retailers.
EGO Z6 Zero-Turn Mower Highlights
This mower has a lot of great features that provide better maneuverability, cut quality, precision, comfort and more. However, I want to highlight a few features that make this EGO Z6 stand out.
Consumers tend to fear that electric cannot compete with gas-powered OPE. However, when the EGO Z6 is paired with the four included 56V 12.0Ah ARC Lithium™ batteries it can cut up to 2.5 acres on a single charge. When paired with six 56V batteries and Peak Power™ technology the Z6 offers the same performance as a 22-horsepower gas engine.
Also, the included EGO Z6 Charger is the industry’s fastest and can fully recharge a drained 56V battery in only 2.5 hours.
EGO’s commitment to creating powerful electric OPE is why EGO is one of our favorite brands at TIA.
Benefits of Zero-Turn
The benefit of zero-turn mowers is that they offer great maneuverability around landscape obstacles. With enough precision, riders can remove the extra effort and time spent trimming these areas.
Some of this precision comes from the 42 in. cut deck, and the adjustable 10-position cut height ranging from 1.5 to 4.5 inches. The rest of it comes from…
For users looking for a zero-turn mower with a steering wheel, e-STEER™ is the answer. e-STEER™ allows users the familiar experience of driving their zero-turn mower like a car.
With the EGO Z6 there is no reason to reinvent the steering wheel, so to speak. Instead, just make it better with a little boost from modern technology.
More Zero-Turn Mowers with Steering Wheels
Cub Cadet also offers a zero-turn mower with a steering wheel in the Cub Cadet Ultima Series. The model most similar to the EGO Z6 is the Cub Cadet ZTS1 42. It is a similar size, cut height range, and is made with quality materials and products.
While you may save on the initial price of the Cub Cadet ZTS1 42, this is a gas-powered mower and the price does not reflect the cost of gas and maintenance. So, while the initial price of EGO Z6 is more, you are getting a rechargeable power system, along with none of the maintenance of gas.
So, is EGO Z6 the Best Zero-Turn Mower with a Steering Wheel?
Consumers looking for a zero-turn mower with a steering wheel don’t have a ton of options. However, the EGO POWER+ 42 in. Z6 Zero Turn Mower with e-STEER™ Technology gives consumers a great option, especially for consumers interested in electric mower options. Also, when you consider that the EGO Z6 has comes with its own endless power system and that gas products have additional expenses, the price difference between the two lessens. Plus, all of the additional features help the EGO Z6 reign supreme, at least for an electric option.
So, now I turn to you. What is your experience with zero-turn mowers? Have you tried different steering systems? If so, which steering style do you prefer and why?