It seems like cordless snow blowers are the hot new thing everyone wants and now Black and Decker is getting into the market. The nice thing about cordless snow blowers is the convince of not dealing with gas. We all know now how much of a hassle ethanol has made dealing with gas powered OPE. If the equipment is not used weekly or daily you will have problems from bad gas and snow blowers can sit for a long time which is horrible for your gas powered equipment. I have to say this unit looks pretty good for the money. You get a brushless motor which gives you a longer run time over a brushed motor and two 2.5ah batteries with the kit version of the snow blower which is priced around a $299 from various online retailers. I would imagine Black and Decker will offer a bare tool option in the future for people already in the Black and Decker 40v line.
I’m a big fan of cordless snow blowers, if you live in an area that gets six inches or less per snow fall and don’t have a huge area to clear. The cordless snow blowers are designed for a person on a typical city/suburban lot. If your looking at switching from gas powered OPE Black and Decker, pretty much has anything you would want product wise now.
Here is a quick rundown on the spec’s
- Rubber Auger + 21 In. Clearing Path Allow for Fast, Efficient Snow Removal
- Brushless Motor Technology Provides Power and Runtime
- Includes (2) 2.5Ah 40V MAX* Lithium Batteries for Ample Runtime
- Push Button Start for Quick Start Up
- 180 Degree Rotational Chute, Throws Up to 20 Feet
- *Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 40V. Nominal voltage is 36.