This article is not for the mechanic. Sure as a mechanic you can buy these sockets and I think they will suit you fine. However, I am not a mechanic and can't speak on your behalf. This is coming from a homeowner who doesn't wrench every weekend but needs sockets for a wide variety of applications throughout the year. For me, I hate looking into sockets as it's a huge investment. For a homeowner, it's a necessary evil as I don't want to dump a ton of money into a socket set because a majority of the time it will be sitting around. So when I found out about this set, well let's just say it's a no brainer.
Husky 200 Piece Socket Set – Information
- Name – Husky Drive Socket Set
- Model – H200MSS
- Price – $99
- Where to Buy – The Home Depot
- Husky Reviews – Husky Tool Review
Husky 200 Piece Socket Set – Features
Plain and Simple, the Husky 200 piece set is a steal for the quality and amount of sizes.
- 200 total sockets
- Includes 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ drive sockets
- Lifetime warranty with no question and no receipt required
- Full polished chrome finish easily clean of oil and dirt
- Cold-formed chromium-vanadium steel sockets for durability and strength
- Sockets feature chambered lead-ins to provide fast and easy placement on tools and fasteners
- Off corner design to prevent the rounding of fasteners
- Large, hard-stamped size markings
- Meets or exceeds ANSI standards
- Both 6 and 12 point sockets
Husky 200 Piece Socket Set – First Impressions
So here is the deal, I am talking about this from a homeowner standpoint. Sure it has good metal and other professional features that make this a great buy. For me, it's about being able to invest in the three common sizes, 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ and not paying through the nose. I don't want to dump hundreds of dollars into a system that I don't use every day.
I want a quality socket that will last me, won't cost a lot and won't round out bolts. Yes, that is why I am a fan of this Husky line. Tell me where else can you get all these sockets, with this quality for less?
A couple of features that I like about these is how easy it is to read the sizes on each socket. Plus I like that they are easy to clean up so if I get grease or dirt on them, I can easily wipe them clean before storing them.
Husky 200 Piece Socket Set – Wrap Up
For $100 to buy the most common size of 1/4″, 3/8″ and 1/2″ set, it's a must. There are so many times you need sockets for jobs around the house and these are perfect. They won't break the bank and they won't break your work. Sure, it doesn't come with a case or a way to organize them but you can buy organizers for your drawers. Bottom line, this is worth every penny.
*This is part of the THDPRoSpective program