Sometimes big box branded items don't get the credit they deserve. I think that applies to Husky, the Home Depot brand of tools. Husky makes plenty of items and a lot of them are of good quality. When we first got our hands on the 52″ tool chest we were pleasantly surprised at the quality and detail that went into it.
The box uses roller bearing drawers that have a 100 lb capacity each. The drawers move in and out smoothly especially with weight in them. The problem with a lot of tool boxes is that your tools slide around and you need to get liners for them. This adds extra cost. The Husky comes with thick pre-cut liners. This may not sound like a big deal but it is. It haves you the cost and hassle of buying and cutting your own liners.
The box has six casters, 2 that are stationary and 4 that swivel. This box actually is more maneuverable than smaller boxes I have use because if its ability to turn on itself. I feel like I can easily get this into tight areas. Bottom line, this box is a great buy. Check it out over at The Home Depot
- Top Chest Drawer Dimensions:
3 left drawers 31.7 in. W x 15.7 in. D x 2.6 in. H
3 right drawers 13.6 in. W x 15.7 in. D x 2.6 in.
- Bottom Cabinet Drawer Dimensions:
1 top full-width drawer 47.6 in. W x 15.7 in. D x 3.6 in. H top
5 left drawers 31.7 in. W x 15.7 in. x 2.6 in. H
1 bottom left drawer 31.7 in. W x 15.7 in. D x 9 in. H
4 right drawers 13.5 in. W x 15.7 in. D x 2.6 in. H
1 bottom right drawer 13.5 in. W x 15.7 in. D x 12.2 in. H
- 100 lbs. rated ball bearing drawer slides for smooth, durable operation
- Heavy-duty 21-gauge steel construction
- Beveled 9.5 in. deep chest lid with a hole punch-out has gas struts and is reinforced with a lid stiffener
- Full-width drawer for longer tools
- Large, push-bar side handle on the cabinet allows ease in mobility
- 5 in. x 2 in. swivel casters with brakes on each end of the rolling cabinet help keep this unit from moving when locked into place
- Keyed internal locking to keep your tools safe and secure