Thanks for your interest in writing for TIA. Here is a little information about this program and how it works. If you have questions, please feel free to let us know.
- TIA is about the community. We really want to get people involved in writing and letting others know their opinions. Instead of it just being Dan and Eric, we want a community of writers. People have different experiences, i, eas and opinions. We just feel it will make a better site for everyone.
What does it Pay
- As much as we want to pay for articles, we just can’t afford it. This is a platform to share ideas and knowledge. If you are doing this to get money or free tools, you might want to rethink about writing. If you have any ideas, let us know. Again this is really a program for people who want to share their opinions. It’s a community by the community for the community.
What we need from you
- The main thing we need from you is to be open and honest about everything. If you know ways to improve the writing program, let us know. If we are not giving you what you need, let us know.
How often do you need to submit an article
- That is really up to you. You can do one a week, one a month, one a quarter. The only thing we really ask is if you decide you don’t want to write anymore, please just let us know.
- Not all article will be approved. Some article might only be posted on the power tool forum. If for some reason it’s not approved, we will let you know why. All article will be edited.
- If you write a tool review or revisit, please be honest as possible. People like hearing the pro’s and con’s to a product. I understand that some products it’s hard to come up with a con, such as a hammer. If you have a product you hate and want to let others know so they don’t waste their money, please don’t use an article as a bitch article. Let them know what the product is designed for, but it just didn’t perform the way you expected it to perform. I guess what I am saying is you can warn other, but do it in a good way. Don’t just say this thing sucks, the company sucks etc.
- Once you submit an article, it can take a couple of weeks before it gets edited and posted. We try to keep articles in the pipeline, so there is always new material. If you write an article that is time sensitive, send me an email and let me know. This way I can make sure it goes to the top and doesn’t get left behind.
What We Expect
- We just expect you to be honest with the article and with us. People work hard for their money and we really don’t want to steer people the wrong way. Yes, we have recommended products that turned out to be a dud, but we always try to do our best. If the product turns out to be bad, we always go into the article and give an update.
What You Can Expect
- We will do our best to give you the support you need. We will also be honest with your articles. If for some reason we have an issue with the writing, subject or something else, we will always be honest. For us, writing is hard. We have learned a lot over the years, but as you can see by this post, we still have a long way to go. If your article gets denied, please don’t feel bad. Let us know if we are wrong.
My Contact Information
- I will always try to make myself available for any questions or help you need. On an email, I will send you my personal email and my cell phone number. Call me any time. I will do my best to get back to you asap. However, sometimes during the weekend, it might be hard. Most weekends I’m working and it’s hard for me to talk on the phone. The days I do have off, I try to leave my phone behind, so I can spend that time with my family. Still feel free to call on the weekend, I just might not get back to you right away, but I will do my best.
If you have ideas to make TIA better in anyway or the writing program or my communication, let me know.