Now we know the economy and business is slow, but now is the time to get things rolling. We have two choices, we can sit around and complain or we can prepare for tomorrow. Here are a couple ideas we can implement and move forward.
- Pick your top 5 or 10 clients and have lunch with them. Get to know them again and keep the lines of communication open.
- Take more time to network. Join local organizations.
- Talk with your employees. When you're busy, you don't have time. Now is a great time to listen to what they think. They might have some great ideas about how to save money or do things a little different that would make your company more efficient.
- Update your safety manuals and training.
- Check out the Construction Financial Management Association. They are holding a show in Las Vegas from May 16-20. You can check out their website at cfma.org. Take a look at their website to see if it is even worth it for you to attend. Will it help you learn more about raising finances in a hard time?