One thing I am a big fan of is storage. How nice is it to go from your truck to a site and not have to make 20 trips back and forth to carry your tools? Dewalt, Bosch and Festool all have great storage solutions, but Milwaukee has been late to the market with theirs. Well the wait is over. Milwaukee has their first tool box out called the Jobsite Work Box model 48-22-8020. So what is this box all about? Strength, storage and organization.
First, Milwaukee designed this box to be made job site tough. In fact, they tested it to make sure it can withstand 1,000 drops. Now from how high up, I don’t know. But considering the design, it does seem like it can fall from your average height over and over. Milwaukee also designed this with buttressed hinges and recessed latches to make it even tougher during drops and also when you’re carrying it from place to place and it happens to bang into doorways and other protruding places. One item I am happy they included in these boxes is the integrated weather seal to help protect your tools from moisture and debris.
Milwaukee designed the inside of the box with organization in mind. In the corners you can put your drill and impacts. This allows the user more organization and easy access. There is also a small plastic tray for hand tools. The biggest plus to this box is the ability to put larger tools in this box such as your Sawzall.
All in all this is a nice start to the Milwaukee tool box line. While I think they still have a little catching up to do with the Dewalt Tough Box system in terms of variety of boxes, this is a great start.
What We Like
- Lots of room
- Great for organization
- Great construction – Quality
What We Don’t Like
- Box pops open when dropped
- Can’t lock other boxes together
- Length – 26″
- Width – 13.4″
- Height – 12.25″
- Weight – 11.5lbs
- Impact Resistant Construction
- Buttressed Hinges – For Jobsite Durability
- Protected Recessed Latches
- Reinforced Corners
- Integrated Weather Seal – Protects Contents from Rain and Jobsite Debris
- Clamping Cut Groove- Clampes Small Diameter Materials while Cutting
- Overmolded Wide Grip Handle – Allows for Ergonomic Carrying
- Pass Through Side Grips – Allow Easy Access and Handling from All Angles
- Integrated Screw Mounting Bosses – Allow for Unlimited Customization
- Corner Pocket Storage – Keeps Tools Organized and Easily Accessible
- Space For Long and Bulky Tools
- Indexing Square – Allow Easy and Secure Stacking
- Made in USA