The Ego lawn mower, yes I said the Ego lawn mower. You may have not heard of these guys, but if you visit a Home Depot, you will see not only a lawn mower, but other tools in this line up. They have a blower, weed whip, hedger and trimmer. Ego is new to the market this year, which is both good and bad. Let’s start out with the good. As far as battery operated mowers, this is a great mower with lots of features other battery mowers don’t have. First, this folds up nicely and you can even hang it on the wall. Second, it has the option of mulching, bagging and even side discharge. Something the other battery mowers we tested can’t brag about. Third, is the power. This bad boy is powered by a 56V, while the others we tested have a 40V platform. Out of all the battery powered mowers we tested, this one seems like the best built. The handle is nice and doesn’t have a lot of play like the others ones have.
Okay the bad side now. Since this is a new company there isn’t a track record. How will this hold up long term? How is the customer service? How long will the batteries last before they need to be replaced. I guess only time will tell. Which means we will have a long term review on this after more use.
You might think with a 56V it would take a while to charge the batteries, but you would be wrong. In fact, this only takes 30 minutes to charge which is pretty amazing for a 56V battery. On the front of the lawn mower, there are two rather bright LED lights, so if you’re like me and get a late start mowing the grass, you can always push a button to help with that last 10 minutes of mowing.
Even though the company is new to market this year, Tools in Action rates this as the best battery operated mower for mower week. The unit is powerful, easy to move around, easy to store and seems like it is a quality machine. With other tools in the line up, it is a great reason to invest in this one battery platform for all your lawn needs. As I said we will be revisiting this lawn mower later this year. If you have any experience with this mower, shoot us an email or leave a comment below. We always love hearing about other peoples experience with any products, but especially a new product.
What We Like
- Folds up small and nice when not in use
- Has side discharge
- LED Headlights
- Quality Mower
- Large Cut
What We Don’t Like
- Batteries are new to us, so not sure how they will perform long term.
- 4.0Ah 56 -Volt Lithium-Ion Battery: Industry’s most powerful battery
- 30-Minute Charger: Industry’s fastest charger
- Up To A 45-Minute Cut Time: Battery run time meets or exceeds charge time
- Fold Flat In Seconds: Convenient storing and cleaning
- 20” Cut Capacity: Reduces the number of passes required to cut your lawn
- True 3-In-1 Function: Superior mulching, rear bagging and side discharge performance
- LED Headlights: Allow for mowing anytime
- 600W, High-Torque, Magnetic Motor: Designed for high power output at 3300RPM’s
- Convenient Push-Button Start: No more pull cord, easily starts at the press of a button