The punchdown tool is one of the most important tools in a low voltage electrician or IT professionals tool kit. Over the years I have used many different brands of punchdown tools. A punchdown tool allows you to terminate a cable into a block. Basically think of phone and network cable jacks in the wall. Using a cheap punchdown will result in mediocre connections that will lead to trouble and diagnostic headaches. Professionals take pride in their work and to help you get the best job possible you need a quality tool.
Klein has been around since the 1800’s, they know hand tools. Klein is stepping up their game with innovation for todays technicians. Tools like the VDV Scout Pro are helping build Americas tech infrastructure. Klein Tools’ Cushion-Grip Impact Punchdown Tool (Cat. No. VDV427-821) is made specifically for cable installation and maintenance of 110 and 66 panels, cross-connect systems and wall-jacks.
- A two-step impact process precisely inserts and then trims off excess wire
- An integrated, extra-long shaft for reaching into bulky, crowded blocks
- A “Hi/Lo” impact functionality for adjustable compression force on various wire gauges, blocks and jacks
- A Cushion-Grip handle reduces hand fatigue and provides superior comfort
- A heavy-duty metal collar for strength and longevity
- Dura-Blade™ 110/66 Cut Combination Punchdown Blade with MIM technology for better quality, durability
The VDV427-821 will make sure you get the proper connect the first time every time.